Our typical Sunday goes like this…
- 9:30 Church at Fuquay Varina United Methodist Church
- Mike stays and sings the anthem with the 11:00 service.
- Grocery shopping at Aldi. If you have never tried Aldi, you really should. They have some amazing deals on produce. Heck, everything we buy there is cheaper than even Walmart.
- I go for a jog around Lake Pine.
- Mike goes for a jog.
- We finish getting the rest of the groceries at Target or Walmart.
- Mike and I go out to dinner by ourselves. Date night. 🙂 Tonight, we went to Tony’s Oyster Bar and had some amazing steamed shrimp.
- Today, I made these No Sugar No Flour Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins (new recipe). —– They were okay, soggy, will not make again.
- Sunday night, I cut and sort fresh vegetables and fruit for work and usually make a batch of salsa.
This week, I have meals all planned. Recipes found on Pinterest.
Wednesday: Chicken quesadillas
Thursday: Hamburger Helper Beef Stroganoff (boys only, yuck)
Friday: Aldi pizza (for 4.99, you can’t beat this take and bake pizza. We add our own toppings.)
Cheers to Monday.
In January, I had a nice girls’ weekend in Myrtle Beach scrapbooking. It was the 3rd year I had the pleasure of attending this retreat. We had a mega blast, like always. 🙂
I scrapped tons. I chatted tons. I laughed tons.
Here are two layouts I created there which happen to be photos of us at a weekend away last fall.
This photo cracks me up every time I see it.
FYI: I have fixed the journaling typo…just too lazy to rescan.
- Teresa Collins pattern papers and die cut flowers
- October After chipboard letters
- Fancy Pants button
- We R Memory Keepers pattern papers and title die cut
- Creative Memories tag punch and black letter stickers
- Fiskars border punch
- Miscellaneous buttons and brads
Love you girls! And ready for our next get together.
So yes, it has been a while since I blogged. But with good reason. I have been living life. 🙂
I have decided to do my own version of Project Life this year. In addition to my regular layouts, I will be creating a one page layout each month which highlights what we/I did that month using my camera Instagram photos.
So here’s a quick peek at January and February.
See, we have had two awesome months!
Both layouts created with Simple Stories Oh Snap collection.
More scrappy goodness coming soon, I promise.
This year, I am participating in focusing on one little word.
For information, check out Ali Edward’s blog.
I tossed around a few words but have settled on FORTY.
Yep, you guessed it. I turn 40 this year.
Throughout the year, I will be sharing how I am incorporating FORTY into my life.
To kick off the year, I am on my way to:
Drinking at least 40 ounces of water before I have my one diet coke. Check.
Doing some sort of exercise 40 minutes per day at least 5 days a week. Check. I returned to the gym today after almost 3 months off after surgery.
Read 40 books. Check. I downloaded 2 books from the public library on my son’s Kindle and started to read one of them tonight.
Make 40 cards. Check. Here it is.
- Simple Stories Oh Snap die cut
- Doodlebug button
Mail 40 cards throughout the year. Check. I have placed this card in the mailbox this evening.
Blog at least 40 times this year. Check. This is my 3rd blog post this year.
Are you doing OLW? If yes, what is your word? If not, think about it. It should be fun. I will be sharing my progress throughout the year with you.
He really truly is awesome!!!!
He is our laundry guy, car washer, vacuum-er, counter cleaner….like I said, he is awesome!
So here is a layout to celebrate his awesomeness and his new bedroom set.
- Simple Stories Awesome collection – pattern papers and stickers
- Making Memories star brads
Hope you have an awesome day!