My mom kept the boys so Mike and I could enjoy a weekend away by ourselves.
We rented this fabulous log cabin just outside Banner Elk, NC.
It was so adorable. So adorable! The main logs are from the trees from right on this land. They must have been huge huge huge trees. The home was decorated in antiques and full of lots of charm.
When we weren’t enjoying the comforts of the cabin, we were gallavanting around.
- Come Back Burgers for lunch (hmmm…we both ate grilled chicken sandwiches…LOL)
- Mast General Store in Valle Crucis. I bought a pair of brown cordouroy pants for super cheap and a new winter hat (to replace my winter hat that Mike does not like).
- Mast General Store in downtown Boone. I bought a pair of brown cowboyish boots for super cheap. Mike bought a ‘Life is Good’ long sleeved t-shirt because our life really truly is good.
- Macado’s for dinner. Their sandwiches are fantastic! The pretzel appetizer was just right too.
- Marble Slab Creamery for dessert. My frozen birthday cake yogurt with Oreos was divine!
- We shopped in downtown Boone and went in every antique and art store; we bought two little cake pots, one for us and one for my mom, in which you supposedly can make a small cake in them using the microwave. We ventured into a cowboy store that sold boots way out of our price range (Mike found one pair that was $999); I reckon if we were real cowboys, we would pay that much for a pair of boots…LOL! We stopped in a hole-in-the-wall shoe store and I bought 2 new pairs of black work shoes for $5 each…yes $5 each!
- Macado’s for lunch. It was so good, we decided to go again.
- Then we headed toward Grandfather Mountain for some trail hiking. We hiked for about 2 hours total. Whew! That was a workout…a super super fun workout.
Photos from the top of the trail:
Photo of us after the hike:
After the hike, we were hungry!!! We headed back to Boone and ate at The Peddler Steakhouse.
Sunday: It was time to say good-bye to the cabin and drive home.
The perfect weekend getaway!