September 4 – 10
My mom and I took Andrew and Nathan to Michigan….
- We arrived Saginaw/Bay City Airport, rented a car, and drove to Grandma and Grandpa Austin’s house.
- It was a cool windy day…much colder than home.
- Andrew collected acorns, rode the golf cart into the woods, and left the acorns for the deer.
- Grandma made sloppy joes for dinner and the boys loved it.
- We watched the Detroit Tigers win a baseball game.
- Grandma let Andrew eat Oreos for breakfast.
- Uncle Bum and Aunt Mary stopped by the house and visited for a while.
- The boys picked blueberries from the garden.
- Andrew picked tomatoes from the garden for grilled cheese tomato sandwiches.
- Andrew collected polywogs and enjoyed the nature around the house.
- Grandpa took the boys on many golf cart rides.
- Mom and I went to Wal-Mart and Meyers to buy some Diet Cokes and sweatpants for the boys (I did not pack warm enough clothes for the boys).
- Grandma made fried chicken and macaroni and cheese.
- Mom and I enjoyed Grandma’s blueberry pie.
- After another grilled cheese (and tomato for Andrew) lunch, we drove to our hotel on Silver Lake.
- Our hotel room had a great view of the Silver Lake water and dunes.
- Andrew caught a tadpole.
- We spent a windy few hours at the beach. Lake Michigan is very cold. But the boys still had fun.
- Andrew, Nathan, and I climbed all 160 steps to the top of the Little Sable Point Lighthouse while Mom took a photo from below.
- Andrew and Nathan drove go-karts and had a blast. It was too bad that they were not open after Monday.
- The boys enjoyed swimming in the hotel’s 3rd floor heated pool.
- We rode a tour of the sand dunes via Mac’s Sand Dunes Rides. It was windy, but beautiful.
- We drove to Ludington North Breakwater Lighthouse. We took 2 photos and left because it was so cold and windy.
- We ate ice cream. Mom bought fudge for Bud.
- The boys enjoyed swimming in the pool again. I enjoyed the hot tub.
- We drove back to Grandma and Grandpa’s house.
- Nathan rode Grandma’s bike.
- We met Aunt Nancy out for dinner.
- We watched another baseball game.
- The boys rode their last golf cart ride.
- Andrew ate his last ‘Grandpa’s tomatoes’ sandwich.
- Nathan rode Grandma’s bike some more.
- We enjoyed watching the birds.
- We took lots of photos.
- We said good bye.