So I finally went to a doctor for a physical yesterday.
I am officially aging. I will be 35 years old in a little over 2 months. Yes. All I can think about is the math part of it. I am 1/2 of 70. 25 was a good year; it was the year that I was exactly 1/2 of my mom’s age. 🙂
I have high blood pressure.
- I am on a low dosage medicine for this.
- She also told me to start taking 1 small dosage aspirin a few times a week.
- I have to cut the sodium out of my diet. All of the “Lean” Cuisine frozen pizzas I eat for lunch are not working. I was running around the Fresh Market like a weirdo today reading all the labels.
- She wants me to replace my pizza lunch with salad. Ughs. Boring. She suggested I add unsalted sunflower seads, unsalted walnuts, and lots of veggies. And beans….which I do not eat, but I bought some garbanzo beans to try. I will try them.
- What about salad dressing? That can be the best part. I noticed that my favorite Fat Free Balsamic Viniagrette dressing had 3 times as much sodium as the regular dressing. It’s like a catch 22, eh?
My hands. I know this sounds crazy. I recently saw a photo of my hands and I realize I have my mother’s hands. Not a bad thing. But they aren’t “youthful” looking any more.
Grey hair. I have had the scary grey hair since i was in my 20s. But this stuff is going crazy now. I really need to get it colored once a month. But it is not cheap, so it ends up being more like every 2 months. I can’t wait until July 10 to get it done again.
I have big sunglasses that I wear over my regular glasses. I think they are cool. Not as cool as Oakleys or anything like that. But. Sure makes being out in the sun a lot easier.
I do not like roller coasters any more. I will ride 2 coasters at Disney World.: SPace Mountain and Thunder Mountain Railroad.
When we go to the pool, I prefer to NOT get my hair wet. My mom is the same way and we used to make fun of that. What comes around goes around…
I do not like driving at night.
I am sure I will think of many more wonderful things about aging……can’t wait until I am 1/2 of 80. HaHa…..