The first 2 weeks of June…

What a busy 2 weeks we have had.  Here is a recap:

Heck.  I’ll start with May 30th.  Andrew got to celebrate his 6th birthday at school.  All the kids who have summer birthdays got to celebrate on one day the last weeks of school.  He thought that was pretty cool.

In the first week of June:  The boys had a few end of year parties at school:  pizza lunches, :”beach” days, morning care breakfast, 3rd grade party.  The boys started swim lessons on Mondays and Wednesday evenings.  Then I did run the 5K..see post below.  And it was hot!

The 2nd week, it got even crazier.  Tuesday the 10th was the last day of school.  I ate lunch with both boys.  Mike and I went to Andrew’s class  Kindergarten celebration complete with songs and awards.  Andrew won the super speller award.  After the celebration, we went down and chatted with Nathan’s amazing wonderful love her to pieces special ed teacher.  She really is the best ever!!!  And her assistant is just as wonderful.  If Nathan could have her every year, that would be ok with me.

Wednesday morning, we woke up nice and early, just the way Nathan likes.  I drove the boys to the Tennessee border to me my mom and Bud.  They took the boys back to her house in TN.  They had a great time together.  Memphis Zoo.  Parks.  Movies at home.  Playing in the sprinklers.  New light up light savers.  (Photos coming soon)

While the boys were there, I worked extra long hours.  Yipee!

 Saturday morning, Mike and I drove to TN and stayed the night in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area.  We didn’t do anything fancy.  We just enjoyed time together.  We ate a nice rib dinner.  Strolled through the outlet malls….we didn’t buy one thing.  Ate a McDonalds sundae for dessert.  People watched.  Went to the largest knife store….yipee.  And the Big Bass store…yipee.  HaHa.

We met Mom and Bud at Cracker Barrel for a late lunch.  Poor sweet Nathan….he was crying so hard when he got out of the car.  He didn’t want to leave Grammie.  He cried through almost all of lunch time.  And cried for about 20 minutes on the car ride home.  I think that means he had a great time.

We sure did miss them.  And we are happy to all be home…

We got home after 8:00.  We let the boys stay up “late” as in 8:45.  They really needed sleep as today they started a new day camp at the YMCA. 

So that is our 2 weeks….How is your June so far?


4 thoughts on “The first 2 weeks of June…

  1. busy busy busy! love all the pictures & catching up w/ you & the family!!! so your hair is long & super curly in that photo?! NICE! thanks for hte update 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s